Wednesday, November 24, 2010

Cranberry Pie and Tomorrow's Menu

Many years ago I lived in a suburb of Nashville, TN. About that time, Country Home magazine ran a story about a Franklin, TN resident named Salli LaGrone. Franklin is another suburb of Nashville. They hold a Dickens festival every year that I've read about in other magazines.


Turns out, Salli is good friends with Martha Stewart. One of the recipes that Salli baked for her guests was a Cranberry Pie. I baked this for my family for the first time in 1994. I leave out the orange flavoring and nuts. My daughter, Amy, was only four years old. To this day, she still requests this pie every year.

It is our holiday breakfast tradition. I serve it with an egg casserole for every Thanksgiving and Christmas breakfast.

Because I love tradition, I still pull out the whole magazine to use the recipe. I mix it in the same blue bowl that I've been using to make it for the past 16 years.


2010 Thanksgiving Dinner
Turkey
Lima Beans
Sweet Potato Casserole w/ Marshmallows
Scalloped Cauliflower
Red Cabbage
Stuffing
Dressing
Cranberry Sauce
Cream Cheese Stuffed Celery
Rolls w/ Butter
Green Olives
Black Olives
Sweet Gherkin Pickles
Mini Dill Pickles

Pumpkin Pie with Whipped Cream

No comments: